Monday, October 10, 2011

Project 6...or maybe part of 5: Drawing Our Hybrid Forms!

I asked the girl about her art. I asked if there was a deeper meaning to it's simultaneously phalic and yonic nature. She didn't know what yonic meant.

She said her art was physical manifestation of a dream that represented a memory. She said it was an introspective view into her personal experiences with the machinations of the universe that relied mainly on the viewer entering into the work with several preconceived generalizations.

I told her I didn't know what that meant. It seems like she just drew a big amorphus circle on a scrap of paper towel from the bathroom and tacked it to the wall.

She said, "Well, I made a sculputure of an amorphus circle out of paper, then I cast the circle in bronze. This is a representational drawing of the bronze cast circle. The design comes full circle, paper to paper. Don't you see? There's a metaphor in there somewhere about industrialzied nations or the fragmented nature of the self."

Then cops flooded the room and shot her. Turned out she was a serial killer. She really did make the sculpture though. I bought it at the police auction.

My snobby burgeoisie artist friends are so jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment